see job info below.
1. Overview of the venue/company
Northampton Tennis Coaching has been in operation for 7 years, working at multiple tennis clubs and venues across Northamptonshire. Currently running tennis programmes at Northampton LTC, Kettering TC, Finedon TC, Bozeat and Collingtree Tennis Club.
We also work in over 30 primary schools across Northamptonshire, teaching over 500 children each week.
2. Person specification
· Commitment and a desire to deliver a high standard of coaching
· Vast experience of coaching a range of ages and abilities
· Keen interest in sport and physical education, ideally experience in tennis but it is not essential.
· Able to work as part of a team and under own initiative
· Excellent communication skills
· Willingness to learn and grow as a coach and within the team of coaches
· Marketing skills
· Social Media
3. Job Description – Schools Manager
A unique opportunity for a coach to join a growing and diverse team of coaches in Northamptonshire.
The successful candidate will be managing and leading the coaching for our thriving schools programme across Northamptonshire.
We are looking for a dedicated sports coach, who is passionate and energetic with working with a wide range of players and coaching scenarios. They would need to
We have the opportunity for someone to be a part of a growing team of tennis coaches, delivering lessons at multiple venues and schools across Northamptonshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following jobs:
- Coaching school sessions. Confident to lead coaching sessions from Reception to Year 11 children. The main bulk of teaching will be towards KS2 primary aged children. All lesson plans are provided; however, we are looking for someone to develop them and change them regularly to keep our ideas and teaching fresh.
- Coaching before and after school clubs. Plan and deliver wrap around care for primary schools, delivery high quality, energetic lessons.
- Develop our current schools’ programme. Increase the number of schools that book with us each year.
- Keep registers up to date, using our booking app Activity Pro, manage the registers for each of the sessions and make sure parents have paid.
- Manage relationships with PE Coordinators, meeting with them to coordinate dates, costs, etc. Update with them regularly to check all the coaching is going well and meeting the expectations of the school.
- Manage current coaches, manage schedules for the schools’ programmes. In the busy summer months, there will be 3-4 schools per day, and multiple coaches needing to run these.
- Hire new coaches when needed. As we grow over the county, the need for extra coaches is increasing.
- Attend weekly coach meetings/training.
- Develop and model the NTC coaching ethos.
What will be provided by NTC:
- All equipment
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Weekly training and mentoring
- Career development opportunities within NTC
- Full coaching sponsorship with Yonex (Rackets, bag, shoes and clothes)
- Competitive salary
- Monday to Friday between 7:30-5pm (Term-time only)
- Every other Saturday and Sunday (Term-time only)
- 6 weeks of holiday camps (NTC to decide)
- 6 weeks of holidays and 1 extra week which can be taken with adequate notice.
Successful candidate will be paid 18k-22k depending on experience.